Wildwood Chapel is a church whose roots run deep in the city of Aliquippa. Our church first began in the late 1930's when Yugoslavian immigrant Stanley Zarkovich felt called to preach to the Serbian-speaking people in the streets of Logstown, a community on the outskirts of the city. As more and more people began to put their faith in Jesus Christ, there became a need for a church building. A small store front on Baker St. became their worship center, and in 1944 the fellowship of believers officially became "The Yugoslavian Christian Assembly, Church of God in Jesus Christ of Aliquippa, PA" -- what a name!
Our beloved fellowship continued to grow in love for Christ and one another. In the early 60's, a neighborhood called the Wildwood Housing Plan was set to be built on the land on which our beloved chapel now resides, but God had better things in mind for it! After the passing of Stanley Zarkovich, Nick Radovich was appointed as senior pastor, and construction of the new church building soon began. In 1968 the new church was completed. With the Jesus movement of the 1970's, Wildwood Chapel experienced an influx of young new believers who were hungry for the things of God. To accommodate the growing congregation, a new sanctuary was added. This is where we now worship every Sunday, and the Truth that those believers came to know lives on: Jesus truly changes lives!
Pastor Rich and Kathy Liptak
Pastor Ken McGaffic
Student Ministries Pastor & Worship Leader